Sunday 26 July 2015

Why Bajrangi would always be my favorite version of Bhaijaan!

Its been two weeks since the movie hit the theatres and I still remember the chase it had become to get the tickets. Phew… bad luck I could not get one, thanks to my poor planning. Salman’s movie and that too during Eid, well I would have planned at least a fortnight before.

Well after trying two times, I could not hold the suspense and that too when I was constantly being updated by friends about how awesome movie it was. So I borrowed the torrent version from a colleague at my office. Since that day, I have already watched the movie about four times and even find excuses to play it again at home. It is not because I am a huge fan of the actor, but I would credit my infectious affinity for this highly anticipated Eid release to the director Kabir Khan who through this entertaining and outlandish plot has hit the right chords with people like me in a complete Bollywood style.

Two bitter foes who have been fighting and feigning friendships since generations; an adorable girl who is lost and a typical Hindu version of guy who is an ardent follower of Hanuman, dislikes meat and meat-eaters both, helps people out of turn and is a man of his word. A perfect Bollywood fairytale in making. Does someone like Bajrangi can exist? Probably not, that I am sure of then why do I keep watching it again and again.

Realism, well you have leave that behind the gates when you set to watch a Salman’s flick. A some fresh dose of hope and disbelief which will awaken your love of mankind and not religions through a totally picturesque unreal climax. When it comes to hitting the real emotions, the plot hits all the right ones. A completely fun filled and light hearted entertaining flick with an ending which got a little over the head proves that people are capable of all goodness irrespective of the countries they live in. The film is a worth watch even if you are not a high-time-Salman-fan-club-member.

I hope we could take some serious note from the movie and try to bring out that good ‘Bajrangi’ in us who has lost amidst all daily struggles of life. Just by daily dose of some good deeds and definitely not by hopping the borders without visas and passport of course. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Why Bajrangi would always be my favorite version of Bhaijaan!

    ReplyDelete