Tuesday 17 May 2016

Remembering YOU!

Crossing street can be quite a daunting task especially in the morning hours when the maddening traffic would turn into a nightmare on Delhi Streets. But unfortunately everyone of us has to do that and then would have to complain about the same too.


Usually cars do not catch my fancy.
While juggling to cross the street this morning, a car zipped past me on the street. Nothing special, just a usual car but what caught my attention was the sticker displayed on it. I shook my head when I saw an "In Loving Memory" sticker plastered across its rear window.

What a strange place for a memoriam, I thought. I've thought this dozens of times.


I have often seen messages and names engraved and plastered all over the screens and often have made fun of them too along with my siblings, usually my partners -in- crime. But for the first time saw this kind of message.

For some reason, seeing the lettering fade into the distance on the car jarred me.
In some ways, that's the perfect place for a reminder.
Grief can feel like a deep, unmoving, unmoveable eternity.


But when we start pushing against it, defeating the feeling of losing someone, it begins the natural progression towards a greater movement beyond.

Losing or not losing a loved one is entirely our own prerogative. And when we have made the decision of not losing on love and affection, we can see glimmers of how we carry that person with us in our love.


Adorning the car with something powerful like this is simply great......
and a beautiful way to remind that though I may not hug you again, I still feel you, remember you and take you with me …..everywhere, every moment!





3 comments:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete