Friday 17 July 2015

LikeoMania: The new age Disease

A quite fateful Sunday!

After a much grilling week at work, I decided to go out to refresh my spirits and called sister dearest.

My idea of instant rejuvenation would have included a walk in a park or just a hot cup of brewing coffee with a nice book. But of course that would not be on her list so finally after considering few options which we had; we headed to the nearest mall. The new age hangout place which turns into the holidaying spot every weekend.

2 hours later….

After strolling the maze of designer showrooms and other picturesque outlets, I found my legs making way to the coffee shop in an attempt to distant my brain from the display of new age fashion. Each of the outlets had almost similar designs, someone of them quoting outrageous prices for the same.

4000 and that too for a cotton shirt, well that’s quite affordable for a nation which has recently raised its minimum wage from 137 to 160 a day!

As ‘R’ and I ascended the escalators, two girls appeared who were trying to click their selfies and started making horrific faces as if those expressions were really adorable. But they are, in fact these pictures would soon be uploaded to the social networking sites and may even attract good number of likes. The definitions of beauty and memories have been terribly hit by the digitalization of our world.

I could recall that when I was younger, pictures were more about moments and feelings. Thanks to my mom, who has a deep infatuation with keeping pictures and going over them atleast twice in a month, we still have pictures from our childhood as well as growing days. Some of them are good while others have funny and awkward versions of me. Being an introvert since childhood, most of the pictures have me in the background with my siblings at the front, and others where I am in focus have me being smothered by the loving relatives.

R glares at me as if accusing me of observing those girls and finally blurts out,” What are you thinking?”

I replied in my oh so intelligent tone, “Arey, I was just thinking to put my old pictures on Facebook. What do you think, how many likes would I get?”

She snorts, “Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook has not got any Dislike Button. Otherwise it would have been death of half of the girls.”

We laughed out loud like crazy on our own joke and made way towards our destination.


1 comment:

  1. Rakshita Verma You should be there tooo
    Jivesh Sahir Thanks

    ReplyDelete