Monday 30 May 2016

Saturday Date with creepy Crawly!

I desperately need a day between Saturday and Sunday.


Yes, I do and especially now when they have started visiting me twice in a month (the off ones).



Saturdays and that too the off ones have lately become like my prayers these days. After all I am not in Sweden, where people are moving to six-hour working schedule to improve productivity, I am in India where we believe in stretching ourselves till we become devoid of everything (ideas and energy).


Well this Saturday, it was an altogether different story. I was totally elated when I realized that it was an off one which meant an extra sleep of two hours. But my subconscious was surely not in the mood of seeing me happy and thus sent me the thoughts of messing-with-soiled-and-smelly-pieces which needed my attention immediately. So after making several efforts at ditching the idea and actually convincing myself, I finally realized I had to get involved into the irksome job of washing the clothes, if I do not want to cancel the plans for an evening out due to the lack of proper clothes.


As I made my way to the machine, she was waiting for me right there!


I squeaked quite eloquently enough to send few faint hearts racing, and wooh...., suddenly realized that I was alone and the realization sent mine soaring instead. Yet she was there,not moving an inch, daring me as if she knew how much I despised her.




Yes I am talking abut none other than those creepy crawlies who seem to have made a comeback in almost all houses after their winter sabbatical. Those manner-less Lizards- who are not an inch like their ancestors known for their demeanor for safe hideouts instead of scaring the hell out of homeowners by roaming around the territory swaying their equally despicable tails.


Well I noticed her presence quite a few days back when I had to open the windows for coolers last month, thus providing her an easy escape into my house. But instead of honoring my benevolence, she seems to be quite adept at freaking me out quite often. My assumption of her nuisance to be short-lived was totally proved wrong when I found her presence in kitchen and even bathrooms. Google might also seem to be conspiring against me as I could not get any reliable method to get rid of her and the few which were listed proved to be worthless. Ultimately I had to shoo around her braving my instincts to show her the exit route from my home. To my utter disbelief, I found her wagging her tail after two days crawling on the walls of my bedroom as if teasing me... see I am back!



How could she remember the way to my house? Does she have a brain?


And again she was there anticipating to spoil my precious Saturday off. An attempt at long awaiting revival of my book-reading was mercilessly disrupted by this creepy fellow, when I found her silently making her way towards my chair. That made me hopping like an idiot and finally settling on bed. She might me in love with my library as I found her there next day too.


Extensive research about the methods to get rid of lizards showed me an article quoting “We need to share our planet with some creatures if they are not quite harmful to us.”

God she is, she is harmful to the peace of my mind and seriously doesn't seem to mind her business at hiding.


I think we, me and her, would be at a quite more comfortable level if she tends to mind her business and stop stalking me everywhere I go. But she seems to be an intrusive fellow and that makes all the difference.

Image Source: Google

Linking to #MondayMusings

5 comments:

  1. You too? Very well written! Just thought I'd share this with you.
    http://everydaygyaan.com/i-have-herpetophobia/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reptiles scare me t most....while t list is too long!
      ;)

      Delete
  2. lizards don't bother me but we have mice move in during winter and they really bother me and in the spring it's the spiders that I hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O gosh! Spiders and mice well they can be quite a trouble in themselves

      Delete
  3. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete