Tuesday 24 January 2017

To the Girls –I would always love to call my friends!

We may be living in different cities and not being able to meet everyday as we used to do like 10 years ago.


We may be keeping tap of each others' lives through social media and sharing delightful messages showing our incessant love.


Family priorities might have taken a front seat in our lives, but girls I miss you. I miss the incidences which brought you in my life, making you my friends I would never like to go.


Every time a photo from past rolls before my eyes, I reminisce the good times, we spent together. The laughs we shared and the cold wars we embroiled in with others, most of the time because the person has annoyed you for some reason. 

Every time I see teenage girls riding scooties, it makes me remember the tripling rides we used to take. I may be taking movie dates quite frequently now, but the first one with our group has always been a sweet memory. 

I miss the days when our major heartbreak was getting low marks in Literature. I miss eating lunch in the back seat just because one of us was hungry. Sometimes the bittersweet nostalgia is so strong, I can almost taste it through my tears.


Life has showed how fast it can become, as our elders used to say. Over the years that followed after we made our separate choices that took us in different directions, we made new friends and colleagues, some of them close enough. We may not be able to make time for each other like before, sometimes almost none. Our friendship might have taken a new age route- mostly through text messages and Facebook posts. We might go days, weeks even years without face-to-face conversations- but once we are back , we are back being like before.





Only God knows if we will be able to find time like before and recreate the magic, but I would always cherish those memories. 


I will always miss our days! 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing and I love you for the friendship we have

    ReplyDelete